WP Zon Builder 2.4 – offering numerous fixes and functionality enhancements – is now available!
As 2010 draws to a close, it’s amazing to think how far WP Zon Builder has come in such a short time. WP Zon Builder was nothing more than an idea in my head when the year started.
The biggest improvement in 2.4 is an international on-site cart. The on-site cart functionality, in addition to supporting Amazon.com, now works with Amazon Canada, Amazon UK, Amazon Germany, and Amazon France.
15 different unique themes are available for the on-site cart – so you can always get it looking nice with whatever WordPress theme you choose.
Advanced users will appreciate the new “template” attribute which works with all WP Zon Builder shortcodes. Specify a template file used for that particular shortcode. This way you can give one post a completely different template than another.
Users upgrading from pre-2.3 will save time with the ability to automatically set the WordPress Featured Image for all of their existing posts using the Data Expiry feature.
In addition, various bugs were fixed, the most notable being an issue with thumbnail images with the % symbol in their filenames.
Instructions to Upgrade to 2.4 from 2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3/2.3b/2.3c/2.3d
Before starting, if you do not have a current backup of your site, now is a good time to make one.
1. Download WPZonBuilder24.zip from the customer area.
2. De-activate WP Zon Builder on the Plugins page of your WP admin panel. (Or re-save the settings on the General Settings page after installing 2.4.)
3. If you have custom templates or any modifications done, make sure you save these before proceeding to step 4.
4. Delete the /wp-content/plugins/amzn/ folder.
5. Follow the installation instructions in WPZonBuilder24.zip.
Upgrade instructions for 1.x customers